The Daytime Café’s seasonal holiday menu features a new shareable dish – Holey Donuts
BRADENTON, Florida – November 4, 2019 – First Watch, the nation’s leading breakfast, brunch and lunch concept, today introduced its new holiday menu. In addition to three innovative seasonal entrees, the restaurant company launched a seasonal fresh juice option and debuted a surprising new shareable dish: Holey Donuts.
First Watch’s foray into shareables began with its introduction of its sweet and spicy Million Dollar Bacon, which it debuted as a seasonal item in 2017 and due to its wild popularity has since become a core menu item. The restaurant concept has experimented with seasonal shareable options since the initial success of Million Dollar Bacon.
“The concept of shareables really ties into what First Watch is all about – community. Our customers are largely friends, family members, couples and co-workers who choose to spend a meal together at First Watch, and we’re so appreciative,” said Shane Schaibly, vice president of culinary strategy for First Watch. “We noticed our customers ordering extras like a specialty pancake or a bowl of fresh fruit to share among the table, and we recognized the untapped opportunity there. We decided to use that behavior as a chance to offer them new, seasonal options for sampling and sharing. It’s a great way to round out the First Watch experience and encourage our customers to try something new together.”
First Watch’s holiday menu is available* through January 5 and includes the following dishes:
- SHAREABLE: Holey Donuts – Cinnamon sugar-dusted cake donut holes with chocolate sauce, mixed berry compote and vanilla crème anglaise for dipping.
- Carnitas Breakfast Burrito – Pork carnitas, scrambled cage-free eggs, fresh seasoned potatoes, black beans, Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses, and fresh avocado. Wrapped in a grilled whole wheat tortilla, covered with tomatillo hollandaise and topped with lime crema, pico de gallo, house-pickled onions, fresh cilantro and Cotija cheese.
- Steak & Eggs Hash – Seared flank steak, fresh seasoned potatoes, house-roasted mushrooms and onions, Mozzarella and fresh baby spinach. Topped with two cage-free eggs any style, Parmesan cream and fresh herbs. Served with Parmesan-crusted ciabatta.
- Cinnamon Chip Pancake Breakfast – Two cage-free eggs any style with a cinnamon chip pancake and your choice of bacon, all-natural chicken, pork or turkey sausage.
And from the Juice Bar:
- Iced Chai Cider – Fuji apple, D’Anjou pear, chai tea and cinnamon.
Prices vary by location.
First Watch serves its entire menu seven days a week from 7 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. The restaurant also offers customers complimentary newspapers and free Wi-Fi Internet access.
About First Watch
First Watch specializes in award-winning, fresh breakfast, brunch and lunch made from high quality ingredients. A recipient of more than 300 local “Best Breakfast” and “Best Brunch” accolades, First Watch offers traditional favorites, such as pancakes, omelets, sandwiches and salads, alongside specialty items like Quinoa Power Bowls, Avocado Toast and the Chickichanga. First Watch was recognized as Nation’s Restaurant News’ top Consumer Pick in the full-service breakfast category as well as the full-service coffee category for its Project Sunrise coffee program in 2019. It was also named one of TripAdvisor’s Best Restaurant Chains for 2019 and one of Business Intelligence Group’s Best Places to Work in 2018. First Watch is the largest and fastest-growing daytime-only restaurant concept in the United States with more than 375 restaurants in 31 states, including more than 360 First Watch restaurants, 20 The Egg & I restaurants and one Sun & Fork restaurant. For more information, visit firstwatch.com.
*Not available in the Tampa Bay Area